Edmunds July 2017-Present
Senior Director, Video & Social Media
Strategically build, implement, and grow, a video and social media strategy that works across Edmunds, multiple social media platforms, and various video platforms. Collaborate across the company with top company leaders to create innovative video, social, and written content for Edmunds with the goal of elevating the brand to a household name in the mind of the consumer.
- Grew YouTube channel watch time by 250%, average view duration by 62%, views by 112%, and subscriptions by 250% within the first six months of joining Edmunds by implementing a regularly scheduled, high-quality content cadence, creating new, innovative and creative formats from scratch, and optimizing the look and feel of video and content on Edmunds.com and on YouTube.
- Increased Social Media engagement across Facebook (7.4% increase in likes per month), Twitter (5% increase in followers), YouTube (6.6% increase in duration), and Instagram (5% increase in followers) within the first 90 days, through the implementation of a smart growth strategy leveraging existing products and innovating around new ones.
- Manage development pipeline and workflow for video and social media projects and products from initial outreach to greenlight. Seek out, evaluate, and develop original unscripted programming in collaboration with creators, partners, industry contacts, and internal partners to create native advertising opportunities for clients, great content for Edmunds consumers, and innovative video and social content for the Edmunds platforms.
- Work with research, SEM, and analyst teams on data-centric models for development and better placement for video and social across the Edmunds site.
- Identify talent from wider creator community for development, packaging, content and branded campaigns.
- Manage a $600,000 budget annually, nine full-time staff and numerous freelance staff for video and social channels.
CNTRL Media, LLC June 2014-Present
Executive Editor/Content Creator/Freelance Journalist
Build, develop, design, curate and create blog posts for CNTRL on Cars, Tech, Luxury, and Real Estate. Freelance contributor to Maxim.com, Yahoo, Motor Trend Magazine, Automobile Magazine, Aston Martin Magazine, Forbes.com, Fortune.com, Money Magazine, CNBC.com and Encyclopedia Britannica.
Major program results:
- Created, built a programming and content plan, launched CNTRL –a lifestyle blog.
- Pitched and created a to-be-launched men’s skincare line webpage with a regularly updating blog for Tenzing Skincare.
- Write lifestyle, finance, luxury and automotive stories and appear on camera for publications including Maxim.com, Automobile Magazine, Yahoo.com, Aston Martin Magazine, Long Island Press, Fortune.com, Money Magazine, CNBC, Maxim and CNN.
- Write and produce video for branded content for Forbes.com
- Edited weekly video content for Motor Authority
Thirstie, Alcohol Delivery App Feb – Oct 2015
Editorial Director, The Craft
Manage, create, ideate, write and curate digital content for Thirstie, a liquor delivery service operating in a number of major markets across the country. Manage a staff of remote digital freelancers to create content for The Craft.
Major program results:
- Build and manage editorial calendar that combines marketing, social and editorial to drive Thirstie purchases and downloads.
- Create and execute content idea behind Austin microsite, including and idea for a cocktail generator based on taste preferences, for launch during SXSW. Work included reporting, writing and editing 16 indivdual stories tailored specifically to the Austin market as well as editing and curating 100 cocktail recipes organized by flavor profile.
- Write and create daily content for The Craft and manage freelancers across the country to fill editorial pipeline.
- Produce, shoot and manage video content including drink recipes and meal recipes for The Craft.
CNNMoney Sept. 2007-June 2014
Strategically build, develop, plan programming for, and manage online video content and digital video team for the Fortune/Money Group, including Fortune, Money Magazine, Fortune Small Business and CNNMoney. I manage a team of producers and create shareable, engaging, unique, and informative online content for users across multiple platforms including web, mobile, television, and print.
Major program results:
- Successfully created, built a programming plan for, launched, and currently sustain a self-contained online video channel for CNNMoney that covers everything from lifestyle topics (autos and luxury) to small business and personal finance, that integrates with CNN and Time Warner Corporation.
- Increased online video traffic by 500% in 1 year through program planning, creative story telling, social, and SEO.
- Created, manage, and produce the most successful video series for CNNMoney: Unique Homes and Wheels together constitute more than half of all video starts on CNNMoney.
- Manage production staff, story development, show development, and budgets for CNNMoney video including a staff of 5-15 producers, both full time and freelance, around the world, to create cohesive digital content for multi-platform distribution.
- Create editorial calendar and best practices for staff and promote cross platform branding between online, magazines and CNN network properties.
- Coordinate with business units to create multi-platform, high-value branded digital content for video and written campaigns, including mobile and iPad content.
- Monitor and analyze web traffic using Chartbeat, Newsbeat, Heat Map, and Omniture.
- Strategize and innovate around proprietary content and content management tools, user interface, package presentation (including data visualization, site behavior, infographics, social media, and SEO) and user tools resulting in a more seamless newsroom and compelling user experience.
- Utilize and integrate social media tools (including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Foursquare, and Pinterest), and SEO tools to increase brand awareness and boost traffic to major packages and series.
- Pitch, research, and write original stories and galleries for CNNMoney, Eatocracy, CNN and Money Magazine.
- 2011 EPPY Award Best News Video for America’s Foreclosure Crisis.
- 2011 Henry Luce Award for Best Video for Foreclosure Crisis coverage.
- 2011 SABEW (Society of American Business Editors and Writers) Best in Business, Creative Use. across Platform award winner for Foreclosure Crisis coverage.
- 2011 Webby nomination for Ongoing News Coverage and Mash-up categories.
- 2010 Webby People’s Choice nomination for ongoing news coverage, CNNMoney Reports.
- minOnline’s 2010 Best of the Web award for best magazine-branded show, Assignment Detroit.
- Peabody Award as a part of CNN’s Coverage of the 2008 Presidential Election.
- Token of Appreciation awarded from Secretary of Defense Corporate Fellowship Program.
- Selected as an expert to speak about online video to PRSA 2009.
CNNMoney Sept 2006 – Sept 2007
Digital Video Producer
- Conceived, executed, and edited video content for the Web.
- Wrote, shot, and edited original content video packages using Sony EX-1, Final Cut Pro, and Pinnacle Blue, and used proprietary content management systems to post final video packages to CNNMoney.com and the network.
- Produced field shoots and acted as on-camera talent for video packages.
- Conceived, coordinated, field produced, and edited packages for air and online.
CNN/CNNfn, Open House and In the Money Aug. 2004 – Sept. 2006
Editorial, Field, Segment Producer
- Pitched, booked, and managed two weekly and daily popular personal finance shows for CNN and CNNfn.
- Solicited, pre-interviewed, wrote in-depth reports, and coordinated appearances for business leaders, experts, celebrities, and government officials for both Open House and In the Money.
- Pitched, coordinated, wrote scripts for, and edited field pieces for each show.
- Line produced and wrote online content for daily personal finance hits called Gerri’s 5 Tips.
- Emmy Award as a part of the coverage of Hurricane Katrina.
CNN, Lou Dobbs Tonight Aug. 2003 – Aug. 2004
- Responsible for daily guest coordination, interviews, and research for Lou Dobbs Tonight.
- Solicited, interviewed, booked, and wrote report summations for Lou Dobbs on celebrities, government, business, world leaders, experts, and everyday people as guests for live set interviews, field appearances, and articles.
- Investigated, confirmed, fact checked, wrote, and edited wire copy as well as breaking stories for air.
- Emmy as a part of Lou Dobbs Tonight coverage of illegal immigration
• The Party Planner with David Tutera, Discovery Channel, Associate Producer May – Aug. 2003
• The Barbara Walters Specials, Academy Awards Special 2003, Associate Producer Jan. – April 2003
• The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2002 presented by Barbara Walters, Associate Producer Oct. – Dec.2002
• Love, Hate & Joy (pilot), ABC Family Channel, with Joy Behar, Associate Producer July – Aug. 2002
• The Gangs of New York Additional Photography, Miramax, Production Assistant May – June 2002
• Halloween 8, Reshoot, Miramax, Production Assistant April – May 2002
• The Barbara Walters Specials Academy Awards Special 2002, Associate Producer March – April 2002
• Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Valleycrest Productions, Executive Production Assistant, Jan. – March 2002
• Iyanla, Buena Vista Television, Production Assistant and Intern Coordinator June 2001 – Jan. 2002